Newsletter May 2020 - Stay Healthy!
I hope you are doing well in this hard times and I just wanted to say how much I really miss the market and seeing my customers. There is nothing nicer than being out on the markets meeting and seeing people, smiling, chatting about our products and enjoying the fresh air!
First of all let’s not forget that we are also going through a seasonal change from winter to Spring is now in full strength and it now the right time to detox our livers, so juicing, using milk thistle extract to help with the detox, eating more raw and sprouted foods will definitely help with the detox. Please get in touch with me if you want help in those areas.
I really want to remind you of what I wrote last month as this is still SO valid and we sometimes, with media overload and lock down, can get so confused, stressed and forget about the essentials, which is looking after our health at all levels!
Do not fear that it can be the CV19 (this is how I call it!). The most important is that you ask yourselves, is my terrain strong enough to cope with all of this? How can I support it to the best of my abilities? Because if you do, you CAN cope with anything, whether it’s a clearing, a detox, a virus, do not fear but TRUST that you can take it and that it WILL PASS! And if you are struggling, a naturopath or nutritionist can give you all the support you need and guide you in the right direction!
· First of all, we really must stay hydrated so that whatever our body wants to get rid of, can move quickly out of us. Hydration means a minimum of 4 pints of filtered water daily (on top of other warm drinks you may have) but also enough good quality fat especially omega 3 and minerals like magnesium. You can pick up good quality fats from avocados to nuts and seeds, but mainly flax, chia and walnuts and magnesium from dark leafy greens and nettles.
· Stay as alkaline as possible: avoid acid forming, inflammatory foods and fill up on the alkalizing kind. Think green!! there are a lot of veg box schemes around! Juicing is a great way to stay alkaline as well as green smoothies and steamed veg. There are plenty of celery, spinach, fennel, these are all great to juice with lemon, an apple and either coriander or parsley. Add salads to your meals and do some sprouting with chick peas, lentils, mung beans…these are so rich in minerals and proteins! Dehydrating and inflammatory foods are: caffeine, alcohol, sugar, gluten, processed foods, red meat! So reduce those as much as possible!
· Increase antioxidants to boost immunity. Using raw vegetables will help but we need at times like this to supplement wisely:
- Vitamin C - A minimum of 2000 to 3000 mg a day to take with food.
- Zinc 15 - 45 mg daily
- Vitamin D I usually I recommend a thousand iu daily but in the current situation up to 4000iu will be helpful.
Contact me if you are looking for a good supplier
· Other immune-boosting foods and drinks are also: medicinal mushrooms like Reishi, Ginger with lemon and apple cider vinegar as a warm tea (sip all day), Spirulina, don’t forget the fermented foods and drinks to keep your gut bacteria healthy…you know where to go on that one!
· Reducing stress and anxiety with good sleep, breathing exercises, yoga and meditation. Make sure you get plenty of fresh air, exercise as well, and connect with yourselves and friends, family….we are all in this together!
· I will add that finding peace, love and light in those times is so important as we need to raise above all of this with a positive frequency!
· Also protecting yourselves against electro magnetic frequencies is really important to reduce stress. Switch mobiles/ wifis when you sleep, use orgonite and orgonites pyramids, stones like Shungite to protect yourselves/ Iodine supplementation is also a great help (please check with me for how to take it)/ earth grounding is also very protective.